- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Special Occasions
- Advent & Christmas
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Dove Award Nominees
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- New Year's Resources
- Operation Christmas Child
- Resources for Love & Hope
The New King James Version (NKJV)
In 1975, more than two-hundred years since the King James Version's last update, the boldest and most extensive revision in the history of modern Bible publishing began. With a 130-person team of Greek, Hebrew, and English scholars, editors, church leaders, and Christian laity Thomas Nelson Publishers sought to preserve the accuracy and poetry of the King James Version, but in a language that the everyday person could understand. In 1979 the NKJV New Testament was finished, releasing only the Book of Psalms in 1980. In 1982, the New King James Version was released in its entirety, seven years after its commission, making it the fifth major revision to the beloved King James Version.
The NKJV preserves the authority and accuracy, as well as the rhythm and beauty, of the original King James Version while making it understandable to current readers.
The NKJV preserves the traditional literary quality of the King James Version. As the latest revision of the time-honored 1611 Bible, it deliberately seeks to maintain the sound, language, and rhythm that lovers of the Bible have come to expect, while modernizing when necessary to prevent misunderstanding.
The NKJV translates from the traditional texts of the Hebrew and Aramaic Old Testament and the Greek New Testament, and it has footnotes wherever variations are found in critical texts that would affect the wording of the English translation. The translation method is "complete equivalence," which is sometimes known as formal equivalence. It gives the meaning clearly in natural English while maintaining as much of the wording and grammar of the original languages as possible.
The NKJV is written in today's language for today's reader. All of the accuracy and beauty in the world wouldn't mean much if it couldn't be understood. To achieve maximum clarity, the NKJV uses modern English that is dignified but natural.
Take your kids on an adventure through God's Word with the #1 Bible for kids
The NKJV Adventure Bible(R) will get kids excited about reading the Scriptures Kids will be captivated with the full-color features that make reading the Bible and memorizing their favorite verses engaging and fun. Along the way they will meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly, they will grow closer in their relationship with God.
- Complete text of the New King James Version (NKJV)
- Full-color design throughout - makes learning about the people, places, and culture of the Bible even more engaging
- Life in Bible Times--Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
- Words to Treasure--Highlights great verses to memorize
- Did You Know?--Interesting facts help you understand God's Word and the life of faith
- People in Bible Times--Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
- Live It --Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
- Twenty special pages--Focus on topics such as famous people of the Bible, highlights of the life of Jesus, how to pray, and the love passage for kids, all with a jungle safari theme
- Book introductions with useful facts about each book of the Bible
- Dictionary/concordance for looking up tricky words
- Color map section to help locate places in the Bible
- Uniquely-designed cover with a magnetic flap closure to protect the Bible's pages
- 9-point type size
The NKJV Lucado Encouraging Word Bible is designed to encourage believers along their journey with the Lord. Max Lucado's warm, conversational style ensures that the marginal notes, short articles, and various study tools meet you where you are, providing encouragement and insight. This Bible will strengthen you as you follow the included reading plan and incorporate this Bible into your daily devotional life. The 30-day study guide will help you jumpstart this practice. This Bible will help you as a believer, and with Pastor Lucado's gentle yet powerful notes, it's a beautiful gift for your non-believing friends and family who could use some encouragement with Scripture.
- Fully redesigned and expanded Bible from Max Lucado (based on the Life Lessons
- 98 new "People of the Word" articles encourage believers through the lessons learned by people throughout the Bible
- 691 "For Your Journey" marginal notes mix masterful storytelling with biblical context to lead you into a deeper walk with the Lord
- 115 "Jesus Through the Bible," and "Growing in Christ" articles provide both inspiration and practical lessons to build you up
- 30-day personal or group Bible study enriches your knowledge of the Bible
- "God Cares for You" and "Growing Up Spiritually" verses are subject-specific and provide another resource in your study of the Bible
- "Where to turn when . . . " Scripture reference list means you can always find a biblical answer to the challenges you face
- Dotted margin space for journaling or taking notes
- Bible book introductions contain a brief outline of the book and an introduction written by Max Lucado
- Bible reading plan
- Full-color maps
- Clear and readable NKJV Comfort Print(R) 9-point type size
"Abide in Me." John 15:4
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible's features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
- Praying Scripture Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Journaling Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God's voice as you ponder.
- Engage Through Art Consider a classic piece of art--photograph, sculpture, painting--and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate Follow the church's longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God's presence through the words of the Bible.
- Line-matched, single-column Scripture text
- Thomas Nelson's exclusive NKJV Comfort Print(R) 9-point type size
- Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Two satin ribbon markers